The Cornell Chimes and Chimesmasters are often the subject of documentaries and news stories. The chimesmasters are also associate members of the Guild of Carillonneurs in North America, and actively participate in annual congresses and outreach to other bell instruments. The information and resources on this page, including the chimes newsletter, are intended to give you greater knowledge about both the program and bells beyond Cornell.
The Cornell Chimes celebrated 150 years as the heartbeat of campus on September 22, 2018. Listen to some of the Cornell Chimes’ most memorable songs in this sesquicentennial event, featuring a sing along with the Cornell Chorus and Glee Club.
- Mastering the Chimes (a story about the annual new chimesmaster competition)
- Chimes End of Semester Concert, May 2020
- Cornell Alumni Affairs video about the Cornell Chimes, released October 2014
- Guild of Carillonneurs in North America (GCNA)
- List of Carillons and Chimes (a comprehensive listing of chimes and carillons in North America)